Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day Four


I fell behind yesterday.  Boo!!!  I fell behind in my writing but not in counting my blessings.  Yesterday I was feeling kind of anti-social, but we had a church barbecue last night, and I felt like I should be there.  Brent’s never been one to force me to do something I really don’t want to do, so I am sure he would have let me stay home.  I thought about it, but I also realized there was no real reason for me not to go.  In the end, I had a great time!  So last night I was thankful that somewhere along the line I learned the lesson that I need to be self-disciplined and sometimes I need to do things I don’t really want to do.

I truly love our church family, so that was not it at all; I was just longing to be lazy.  We are having barbecues every other Saturday night this summer, and last night was the second.  In the end, I had such a great time watching the kids play on the bounce house and moving from person to person to get caught up on life.  Bounce houses are great babysitters!  All the kids played and squealed (out of joy) while the adults sat at tables and talked.  It is easy in the summer to lose track of people because everyone is busy and often people miss church or rush in and out without good conversation.  I was able to enjoy good fellowship and good food last night!  It was a blessing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment